This house in the Eixample district of Barcelona was one of Gaudí’s first works. It was built in 1899 by the manufacturer Pere Màrtir Calvet and is a kind of homage to the baroque style. The ground floor and basement were designed to house a textile business belonging to the owner and the upper floors for accommodation.
The lobby and ground floor are currently occupied by the Restaurant Casa Calvet. Diners can enjoy an exquisite and creative Mediterranean cuisine, while perusing the numerous architectural details left by Gaudí, such as the letter C that crowns the door or the columns in the form of reels of thread that flank the entrance.
Casa Calvet & Restaurant
Address: Casp, 48.
Phone: 934 124 012
Prices: € 50 to € 70 (menu available in English and French). Credit cards accepted.
Open Hours: from 13:00 to 15:30 and from 20:30 to 23:00. Closed Sundays and public holidays.
Metro: L1 and L4 Urquinaona
Bus: 39, 45, 47 and 62.